Thursday, May 10, 2007

It's official





I have taken a deep breath and put down a deposit with a seamstress. Actually, every time I went to meet with Terri, I felt totally fine. It's only in these weeks before the wedding, in between fittings, that the voice of Bridezilla takes over, whispering doubts in a voice that's warmth and laced with some hard-to-place gin cocktail.

It's going to be LOVELY. Only sorta traditional. Without giving away the ghost, it's tea length, blue silk shift below and white cotton eyelet dress above. If any of you have seen that dress I've worn to every wedding for the past four years--the rose-bedecked flimsy little number, you have an idea of the sleeves & bodice. Skirt has some flounce, not too much. It's a pretty traditional style dress, actually, just not for wedding gowns. I refuse to wear something that stands on its own, without a dress form.

La! That's all I'll say! Whitey has spies everywhere.

BTW I'm maintaining my stance that bridesmaids wear whatever the heck they feel comfortable in. Nuff said.

No comments: